English Class 12 Chapter 1 Bihar Board
12th English 100 Marks Chapter 1 Subjective : Here you can find Bihar Board class 12th english 100 marks Subjective questions for bihar board exam 2024. indian civilization and culture subjective questions is very important for board exam 2024.
Indian Civilization and Culture Subjective Questions
1. What is civilization in the real sense of the term?
Ans. Civilization, in the real sense of the term is the deliberate and voluntary restriction of wants. This alone increases and promotes contentment, real happiness and capacity for service.
2. What do you know about Gandhiji?
Ans. I know Gandhiji as Bapu and as Mahatma. He is called Bapu because he was the father of nation. He is called Mahatma because he was a great soul or saint.
3. How did our ancestors view large cities? Why were they satisfied with small villages?
Ans. They viewed large cities as snares and useless encumbrances, having gangs of thieves, robbers and prostitutes. Their village fulfilled all their needs. So they were satisfied with small villages.
4. What is the distinguishing characteristic of modern civilization?
Ans. The distinguishing characteristic of modern civilization is an indefinite multiplicity of human wants.
5. Why is he thankful to modern civilization?
Ans. He thankful to the modern civilization for teaching him to discard it at any costs.
6. Why does Gandhi Ji say that “mind is a restless bird”? What makes mind restless?
Ans. Gandhiji says that needs of mind are unending and indulgence of mind in our passions makes it restless.
7. How did our ancestors enjoy true Home Rule?
Ans. They disliked courts and lawyers. They settled their disputes without going to courts. In that way they enjoyed true Home Rule.
8. Why did our ancestors dissuade us from luxuries and pleasures? Did they do right thing?
Ans. Our ancestors knew that possessions don’t contribute to happiness. The rich were worried about finding means of increasing their material wealth. On the other hand, the poor were contented and happy. That why, our ancestors dissuade us from luxuries and pleasures. And they were right in doing so.
9. What other civilizations does he refer to while highlighting the vitality of Indian Civilization?
Ans. He refers to the civilizations of Rome, Greece, Japan and China, which are now destroyed or have become westernized. Indian Civilization is still alive.
10. What, according to author is modern civilization?
Ans. According to Gandhiji modern civilization is the worship of materialism and violence and brutality.
11. Has Civilization taught us to be more friendly towards one another?
Ans. In a herd we are more friendly towards each other but towards those who are outside our herd we are still very ferocious.
12. Why did our ancestors prefer to live in Village ?
Ans. Our ancestors preferred to live in village because they wanted to live in a safe place with their ancient tradition. In town they saw there were gangs of thieves, robbers, prostitutes and touts. Therefore, they did choose to live in Villages happily rather than towns.
13. Why does Gandhiji say that mind is a restless bird ?
Ans. Gandhiji says that mind is a restless bird because it is never satisfied. The more it gets the more it wants. He says because a mind never gets satisfied. Like a bird he always wander to quench his thirst of desires. Even after the completion of any of his desire the next one is ready. And this cycle of desire continues till his last breath. So he says that mind is a restless bird.
14. What do you mean by ‘true home rule’ ?
Ans. True home rule is a principle of Mahatma Gandhi which means that every cases should be dealt at home within our own premises not outside our home in others presence. It is among one of the famous social principles where he stated that if you have any problem just sit together and solve among your own people. Avoid police and courts.
15. Discuss the features of Indian civilization ?
Ans. Indian Civilization worships morality. It is based on the belief in God. It believes in working with hands and feet. It is religious in nature. It is downgrade towards manners, honour, care and love. It teaches the lesson of humanity, unity and integrity.
16. What is the difference between Indian & western civilization ?
Ans. The Indian Civilization worships morality whereas the Western Civilization worships immorality. The Indian civilization is based on belief in God whereas the western civilization is Godless. The former believes in working with hands and feet whereas the later depends upon machine.
17. Discuss the features of western civilization ?
Ans. Western civilization worships immorality. It does not believe in God. It completely depends upon machine . It runs after materialism. It is Downwards towards momentary pleasure.
18. What is the real glory / beauty of Indian civilization ?
Ans. The real beauty of Indian Civilization is that it remains immovable. Even afters thousands of years it is as it should be. It has not changed its nature and it is sound at it’s foundation.
19. What is civilization in real sense of term ?
Ans. In the words of Gandhiji, Civilization is that mode of conduct which points out to man the path of duty. If we talk about the real sense, it’s is actually the control of our desire. It is the way of living which we got from our ancestors.
20. What was the great lesson that India had to teach the west ?
Ans. The great lesson that India had to teach the waste were the lessons of Unity, integrity, religion, soul and spirit.
21. Why did our ancestors dissuade(stopped) us from luxuries ?
Ans. our forefathers dissuaded us from luxuries and pleasure because they knew that if we run after these absurd things, we would lose our moral character. We would become slaves we would become immoral.